Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter October 2020
Sunday, November 15th, 2020
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Domestic Abuse: information on local and national domestic abuse services continuing to offer support, including online and telephone services.
- Silent Solution: in danger, need the Police, can’t speak – here’s how to call.
- World Mental Health Day: held yearly on 10th October, especially relevant this year with pressures from coronavirus restrictions. Advice on how you can call for support.
- National Hate Crime Awareness Week: held from 10th – 17th October. Advice if you think you have been a victim of, or witnessed a hate crime.
- Anti-Slavery Day: held on Sunday 18th October, raising awareness of human trafficking and modern slavery. Contact details if you suspect something.
- Friends Against Scams FASathon: held Wednesday 21st October, with as many people as possible encouraged in one day to complete the online awareness session to protect themselves and their loved ones from scams.
- Thames Valley Police Visual Impairment Protocol
- Winter Home Security advice
- Youth Offending Service Volunteers: current opportunities to volunteer for the Buckinghamshire’s Youth Offending Service
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Monday, January 18th, 2021
session on January 26th, 2-3pm, providing an opportunity to learn about the support Buckinghamshire Council is offering residents through Helping Hand. Read More...
Sunday, January 10th, 2021
Residents are encouraged to give their views on paying a share of the proposed increase in Thames Valley Police funding for 2021/22. Read More...
Saturday, January 9th, 2021
Chief Superintendent Robert France, Gold Commander for Thames Valley Police’s response to Coronavirus, on policing the latest lockdown. Read More...
Monday, December 28th, 2020
Buckinghamshire Community Safety activities and notices including Coronavirus information, advice on home security, shopping safety and property marking, information on the Safer Buckinghamshire Board, Community Boards, Act Early website and White Ribbon Day. Read More...
Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
Staying Safe from romance fraud – excellent new e-book launched by TVP Economic Crime Unit in collaboration with Dr Elisabeth Carter, University of Roehampton. Read More...
Monday, November 16th, 2020
A new Live Chat facility has been added to the Victims First website, providing an additional and valuable route to support. Read More...