Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter September 2020
Sunday, October 25th, 2020
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Hotel Watch: originally a scheme aimed to raise awareness around child exploitation across the hospitality industry, now broadened to include other elements of exploitation, such as modern slavery, county lines (drugs exploitation) and adult exploitation.
- Theft from Vehicles: most vehicle crime can be prevented – reminders of measures to keep thieves at bay.
- ‘Stop Loan Sharks’ App: free app offering users advice of what a loan shark is and tell-tale signs to be aware of, including cash loans without paperwork, extortionate interest, use of benefits or bank cards as security and threatening behaviour or violence.
- ‘Prevent’ Community Roundtable: first virtual ‘Prevent’ Community Roundtable, held on 24th September. Around 70 members of the community including faith leaders, councillors and youth workers had the chance to hear from a Home Office representative on the Prevent strategy during the interactive session.
- Clocks Go Back: with the darker evenings, advice on keeping our homes safe.
- Halloween: advice on recommended activities, and unsuitable activities, in the COVID-19 context.
- Fireworks: similar advice relating to Bonfire Night.
- Coronavirus Information: link to information on the coronavirus, service changes and details on how to access support across Buckinghamshire.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
Staying Safe from romance fraud – excellent new e-book launched by TVP Economic Crime Unit in collaboration with Dr Elisabeth Carter, University of Roehampton. Read More...
Monday, November 16th, 2020
A new Live Chat facility has been added to the Victims First website, providing an additional and valuable route to support. Read More...
Sunday, November 15th, 2020
Buckinghamshire Community Safety activities and notices including advice on Domestic Abuse, calling the Police silently, World Mental Health Awareness Week, Anti-Slavery Day, Friends Against Scams,, TVP visual impairment protocol. Read More...
Thursday, October 29th, 2020
View or download The Safer Buckinghamshire Plan, which sets sets the framework for the Community Safety Partnership for the next three years. Read More...
Tuesday, October 27th, 2020
Update on a welcome proactive policing approach to target Burglary Crime Reduction, reminder to exercised caution with Nottingham Knockers, and advice to keep properties safe during the longer nights. Read More...
Monday, October 12th, 2020
The CESAR scheme seeks to deter theft and aid recovery of vehicles and equipment. Till end-2020 it is offering significant discounts to residents of the Thames Valley Police area Read More...