Community Safety Newsletter August 2018
Monday, August 13th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Upcoming Community Forum and Virtual Community Forum.
- Cyber Resilience Week 2018: starts on Monday 10th September; working in partnership with Natwest and Trading Standards to raise awareness of fraud and scams.
- Home Security: tips on staying safe over summer.
- National Play Day, Amersham: plenty of crime prevention advice given to the public and lots of bikes and scooters security marked.
- Thames Valley Police Open Day: Saturday 18th August: a great day for the whole family and most importantly it’s free!
- Vehicle Security: tips on protecting your vehicle from becoming a target.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...
Friday, September 13th, 2019
Chiltern District Council’s new Chiltern Crowdfunding scheme will provide local residents and organisations an opportunity to raise funds towards a local community project. CDC can pledge up to 50% of the project cost up to £5,000. Read More...