Community Safety Newsletter December 2018
Saturday, December 15th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Home Alone: advice on how to protect your home this winter – enjoy the excellent short video!
- Be drink aware this Christmas: how much you have been drinking over the festive period?
- 12 Days Of Christmas: Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils and Thames Valley Police unleash their creativity, producing a special ‘Twelve Days of Christmas’ to help share seasonal crime prevention advice.
- White Ribbon Day: on 26th November the joint Community Safety raised £110.70 for Wycombe Womens Aid through a cake sale to support White Ribbon Day. White Ribbon Day is a campaign which aims to raise awareness of domestic violence and take a stand against violent and abusive behaviour.
- Bike marking: tips and a video on how best to property mark your bike. Timely advice for those hoping to get a new bike for Christmas!
- #fightfestivefraud: Action Fraud and Thames Valley Police remind shoppers to take extra care when shopping for gifts online.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...
Friday, September 13th, 2019
Chiltern District Council’s new Chiltern Crowdfunding scheme will provide local residents and organisations an opportunity to raise funds towards a local community project. CDC can pledge up to 50% of the project cost up to £5,000. Read More...