Community Safety Newsletter February 2019
Wednesday, February 27th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Coercive Control And Emotional Abuse Campaign: Victims First campaign to raise awareness of coercive control and emotional abuse in relationships. Look out for the #KnowThisIsntLove hashtag
- L&Q Housing Association Training Day: covering topics such as organised crime, County Lines, exploitation and modern slavery, antisocial behaviour, closure orders and terrorism and preventing violent extremism.
- Scams Awareness Events held at Natwest, Amersham and Nationwide, Chesham.
- Operation Gauntlet: the Chiltern and South Buckinghamshire Scam Awareness and Prevention campaign. Including two free scam awareness events in Amersham on 5th March.
- Safe Place Scheme: Thames Valley police and the Community Safety team out and about in Chesham and Farnham Common this month speaking with businesses and retailers.
- Rural Crime Prevention Week: tips, and a free tool marking and advice session at South Heath Garden Centre on Monday 4th March.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, November 14th, 2019
We sympathise with the phenomenon of ‘survey fatigue’ and design quarterly Crime Priority Surveys to be RELEVANT and TO THE POINT, and SHORT. We also reassure respondents that their feedback will be processed promptly, and acted on. Read More...
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...