Community Safety Newsletter February 2019
Wednesday, February 27th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Coercive Control And Emotional Abuse Campaign: Victims First campaign to raise awareness of coercive control and emotional abuse in relationships. Look out for the #KnowThisIsntLove hashtag
- L&Q Housing Association Training Day: covering topics such as organised crime, County Lines, exploitation and modern slavery, antisocial behaviour, closure orders and terrorism and preventing violent extremism.
- Scams Awareness Events held at Natwest, Amersham and Nationwide, Chesham.
- Operation Gauntlet: the Chiltern and South Buckinghamshire Scam Awareness and Prevention campaign. Including two free scam awareness events in Amersham on 5th March.
- Safe Place Scheme: Thames Valley police and the Community Safety team out and about in Chesham and Farnham Common this month speaking with businesses and retailers.
- Rural Crime Prevention Week: tips, and a free tool marking and advice session at South Heath Garden Centre on Monday 4th March.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, May 13th, 2019
Neighbourhood Watch is adapting to meet challenges of changing society, crime types, communications and technology. Changes are afoot in Chiltern, too. Here’s how you can get involved. Read More...
Tuesday, April 30th, 2019
Managing our passwords securely – using strong passwords and NOT reusing them – is a good first step in making ourselves less vulnerable online. And don’t include your favourite Premier League team or superhero! Read More...
Monday, April 29th, 2019
Measures we take to improve our home security can help deter burglars. Some tips from Thames Valley Neighbourhood Alert on what to look for when installing a burglar alarm. Read More...
Thursday, April 11th, 2019
Doorstep sellers, rogue traders and ‘Nottingham Knockers’ can be a nuisance but worse, can be very intimidating. Practical advice for dealing with unwanted callers. Read More...
Monday, April 8th, 2019
Residential Burglary is routinely the #1 concern in Chiltern Community Forum surveys. TVP’s new Home Security Guide has advice and tips on making your home more secure and reducing your risk of falling victim. Read More...
Monday, April 1st, 2019
From 1 April 2019, non-household waste will be charged at Bucks CC recycling centres. Some answers to “What is non-household waste?” “How much will I be charged? ” “Won’t it add to flytipping?” Read More...