Community Safety Newsletter February 2020
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the past and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- New Safer Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership: following survey, shaping priorities for coming year.
- Catalytic Converter Theft: advice on protecting your vehicle, after a spate of thefts.
- Have Your Say: opportunities to meet community policing teams.
- Visit to Audley Homes, Chalfont St Peter: crime reduction advice, safety tips and scam advice for residents. .
- ‘True Costs’: Thames Valley Police campaign to highlight the real impact of drug offences on the most vulnerable in our communities.
- Scam Talks: visits to two Bucks Mind Groups to deliver scam talks.
- Safer Internet Day.
- Money Sense Workshop: advice for 5-8 year olds.
- Operation Gauntlet: raising awareness of telephone scams.
- Neighbourhood Watch: updates from Chiltern and South Bucks areas.
- Home Safety Check: some simple but effective tips.
- Sexual Assault & Abuse Support Service: free and confidential support for male survivors of sexual violence and domestic abuse in Bucks.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Sadly the Coronavirus epidemic is being treated as an opportunity by criminals. In addition to the elderly and vulnerable, these scams look to exploit fear of the virus, of stretched personal finances, and the promise of various Government emergency schemes. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
The 15p charge for 101 phone calls is being scrapped, and the service becomes FREE from April 1st. We report also a recent personal experience of use of the 101 online reporting service. Read More...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
A video update from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable, and a Neighbourhood Alert update from TVP’s Communications Officer, circulated 24th March. Includes some useful links. Read More...
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
The Street Association delivers free awareness raising workshops to help residents identify and react to some important issues. It is inviting local organisations and groups to submit requests for training sessions from a remarkably diverse list. Read More...
Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
The Forum is delighted to support CAB Chiltern in its efforts to raise funds to maintain its Advice at Home service. Read More...
Sunday, February 23rd, 2020
How well do we know our PCSOs? As the most visible consistent police presence around our neighbourhoods, they are essential ‘eyes and ears’ within the community. Read More...