Community Safety Newsletter January 2020
Friday, February 14th, 2020
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the past and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Safety Partnership Survey: consulting on priorities for new Safer Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership.
- Visit by PC Claire Annison and colleagues to Misbourne Schools.
- Have Your Say: opportunities to meet community policing teams.
- Safeguarding Training: Training for Paradigm Housing Association, covering Thames Valley Police’s Stronghold programme targetting serious and organised crime, the work of Thames Valley Police’s Chiltern and South Bucks ASB Team, and Prevent WRAP (Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent).
- Friends Against Scams: talk with Chess Vale Women’s Institute (WI).
- Neighbourhood Watch including two new schemes in South Bucks.
- No Doorstep Selling Zones including two new zones set up on streets in Chesham.
- The Safe Place Scheme giving vulnerable residents a temporary safe place to go to if they are feeling confused, scared or upset whilst out in their local town.
- Bike Marking: free bike marking labels available from Community Safety.
- Money Sense Workshop aimed at children aged 5- 11 years old.
- Sexual Assault & Abuse Support Service: free and confidential support for male survivors of sexual violence and domestic abuse in Bucks.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Sadly the Coronavirus epidemic is being treated as an opportunity by criminals. In addition to the elderly and vulnerable, these scams look to exploit fear of the virus, of stretched personal finances, and the promise of various Government emergency schemes. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
The 15p charge for 101 phone calls is being scrapped, and the service becomes FREE from April 1st. We report also a recent personal experience of use of the 101 online reporting service. Read More...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
A video update from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable, and a Neighbourhood Alert update from TVP’s Communications Officer, circulated 24th March. Includes some useful links. Read More...
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
Community Safety activities and notices including new Safer Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership, Catalytic Converter Theft, Neighbourhood Watch, Sexual Assault & Abuse Support Service, Money Sense workshop, Operation Gauntlet Read More...
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
The Street Association delivers free awareness raising workshops to help residents identify and react to some important issues. It is inviting local organisations and groups to submit requests for training sessions from a remarkably diverse list. Read More...
Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
The Forum is delighted to support CAB Chiltern in its efforts to raise funds to maintain its Advice at Home service. Read More...