Community Safety Newsletter July 2018
Friday, July 20th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Cards 2018: a sticker-collecting scheme encouraging Year 6 pupils to get involved with activities, care for their community, be safe and engage with local community organisations.
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week: start a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, join one already operating in your road, or find out more about how Neighbourhood Watch works.
- Tool Marking with Thames Valley Police.
- National Bike Week: encouraging residents to be more conscious of how secure their bikes are and if they haven’t already, get them marked to reduce the risk of theft.
- Shopwatch: a partnership scheme where retailers unify as an independent group, working closely with Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils’ Community Safety Team and Thames Valley Police to pre-empt theft, crime and anti-social behaviour in retail premises.
- Friends Against Scams: a National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team initiative, which aims to protect and prevent people from becoming victims of scams by empowering communities to “Take a Stand Against Scams”.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Sadly the Coronavirus epidemic is being treated as an opportunity by criminals. In addition to the elderly and vulnerable, these scams look to exploit fear of the virus, of stretched personal finances, and the promise of various Government emergency schemes. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
The 15p charge for 101 phone calls is being scrapped, and the service becomes FREE from April 1st. We report also a recent personal experience of use of the 101 online reporting service. Read More...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
A video update from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable, and a Neighbourhood Alert update from TVP’s Communications Officer, circulated 24th March. Includes some useful links. Read More...
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
Community Safety activities and notices including new Safer Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership, Catalytic Converter Theft, Neighbourhood Watch, Sexual Assault & Abuse Support Service, Money Sense workshop, Operation Gauntlet Read More...
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
The Street Association delivers free awareness raising workshops to help residents identify and react to some important issues. It is inviting local organisations and groups to submit requests for training sessions from a remarkably diverse list. Read More...
Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
The Forum is delighted to support CAB Chiltern in its efforts to raise funds to maintain its Advice at Home service. Read More...