Community Safety Newsletter July 2018
Friday, July 20th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Cards 2018: a sticker-collecting scheme encouraging Year 6 pupils to get involved with activities, care for their community, be safe and engage with local community organisations.
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week: start a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, join one already operating in your road, or find out more about how Neighbourhood Watch works.
- Tool Marking with Thames Valley Police.
- National Bike Week: encouraging residents to be more conscious of how secure their bikes are and if they haven’t already, get them marked to reduce the risk of theft.
- Shopwatch: a partnership scheme where retailers unify as an independent group, working closely with Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils’ Community Safety Team and Thames Valley Police to pre-empt theft, crime and anti-social behaviour in retail premises.
- Friends Against Scams: a National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team initiative, which aims to protect and prevent people from becoming victims of scams by empowering communities to “Take a Stand Against Scams”.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, February 22nd, 2019
Meeting at Chalfont St Peter Parish Council Offices, the Forum set Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Anti Social Behaviour as policing priorities for the coming 3 months. Read More...
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019
Victims First, which supports victims of crime and abuse, has launched a campaign (‘Know it isn’t Love’to raise awareness of coercive control and emotional abuse in relationships. Read More...
Saturday, February 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police, Trading Standards and Chiltern and South Bucks Community Safety Partnership will launch Operation Gauntlet on February 25th, advising on current scams, how to avoid becoming a victim, and how to help protect others. Read More...
Friday, February 15th, 2019
An opportunity to nominate individuals, teams and organisations that have gone above and beyond to support you, your family or friends in a way that promotes dignity, respect and wellbeing. Read More...
Tuesday, February 12th, 2019
Rotate, a new community group set up under the umbrella of Rotary Club of Amersham, would like to welcome you to its Launch meeting on Saturday 16th March, 10am – 12noon, The Pavilion in Hervines Park, Amersham Read More...
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019
Forum Chair Andy Garnett and Thames Valley Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) Anthony Stansfeld met to discuss the Forum and how it can help and complement the work of the PCC and Thames Valley Police. Read More...