Community Safety Newsletter July 2018
Friday, July 20th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Cards 2018: a sticker-collecting scheme encouraging Year 6 pupils to get involved with activities, care for their community, be safe and engage with local community organisations.
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week: start a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, join one already operating in your road, or find out more about how Neighbourhood Watch works.
- Tool Marking with Thames Valley Police.
- National Bike Week: encouraging residents to be more conscious of how secure their bikes are and if they haven’t already, get them marked to reduce the risk of theft.
- Shopwatch: a partnership scheme where retailers unify as an independent group, working closely with Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils’ Community Safety Team and Thames Valley Police to pre-empt theft, crime and anti-social behaviour in retail premises.
- Friends Against Scams: a National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team initiative, which aims to protect and prevent people from becoming victims of scams by empowering communities to “Take a Stand Against Scams”.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, May 13th, 2019
Neighbourhood Watch is adapting to meet challenges of changing society, crime types, communications and technology. Changes are afoot in Chiltern, too. Here’s how you can get involved. Read More...
Tuesday, April 30th, 2019
Managing our passwords securely – using strong passwords and NOT reusing them – is a good first step in making ourselves less vulnerable online. And don’t include your favourite Premier League team or superhero! Read More...
Monday, April 29th, 2019
Measures we take to improve our home security can help deter burglars. Some tips from Thames Valley Neighbourhood Alert on what to look for when installing a burglar alarm. Read More...
Thursday, April 11th, 2019
Doorstep sellers, rogue traders and ‘Nottingham Knockers’ can be a nuisance but worse, can be very intimidating. Practical advice for dealing with unwanted callers. Read More...
Monday, April 8th, 2019
Residential Burglary is routinely the #1 concern in Chiltern Community Forum surveys. TVP’s new Home Security Guide has advice and tips on making your home more secure and reducing your risk of falling victim. Read More...
Monday, April 1st, 2019
From 1 April 2019, non-household waste will be charged at Bucks CC recycling centres. Some answers to “What is non-household waste?” “How much will I be charged? ” “Won’t it add to flytipping?” Read More...