Community Safety Newsletter July 2019
Monday, August 5th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the past and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Cards Scheme 2019: who’s won by collecting most stickers?
- Street Association Celebration.
- Scam Events: looking to get more schemes up and running in Chiltern and South Bucks districts
- Safe Place Scheme.
- Crime Reduction Event: lots of useful advice given to shoppers at Peterley Manor Farm Shop, Prestwood.
- Neighbourhood Watch: in June and July a number of new NHW schemes across the Chiltern district have been set up and existing schemes have been refreshed.
- Purse Dipping: a reminder to be vigilant – and look out for Community Safety and Neighbourhood Policing Teams in upcoming weeks, providing shoppers with purse bells and purse chains to help keep belongings safe and secure.
- Signal Blocking Pouches: Chiltern and South Bucks residents being offered FREE signal blocking pouches to deter thefts of keyless vehicles… while stocks last!
- Message in a Wallet: Chiltern and South Bucks residents being offered FREE wallets to contain essential information for emergency services in the event of illness or accident.
- Be Inspired Playday: Wednesday August 7th, King George V Field, Amersham.
- Summer Home Security Tips
Other Recent Posts
Tuesday, May 26th, 2020
Details of £814,000 funding available for organisations serving victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Funding is to cover increased costs arising from COVID-19 crisis and its effects. Read More...
Saturday, April 4th, 2020
Supt Amy Clements explains how our area continues to be policed during the coronavirus emergency, and how the public can help, and a video update from Chief Constable John Campbell. Read More...
Friday, April 3rd, 2020
Developing many of the excellent locally-driven safeguarding initiatives into Street Associations can create an enduring positive legacy from the Coronavirus crisis for our communities. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Sadly the Coronavirus epidemic is being treated as an opportunity by criminals. In addition to the elderly and vulnerable, these scams look to exploit fear of the virus, of stretched personal finances, and the promise of various Government emergency schemes. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
The 15p charge for 101 phone calls is being scrapped, and the service becomes FREE from April 1st. We report also a recent personal experience of use of the 101 online reporting service. Read More...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
A video update from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable, and a Neighbourhood Alert update from TVP’s Communications Officer, circulated 24th March. Includes some useful links. Read More...