Community Safety Newsletter July 2019
Monday, August 5th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the past and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Cards Scheme 2019: who’s won by collecting most stickers?
- Street Association Celebration.
- Scam Events: looking to get more schemes up and running in Chiltern and South Bucks districts
- Safe Place Scheme.
- Crime Reduction Event: lots of useful advice given to shoppers at Peterley Manor Farm Shop, Prestwood.
- Neighbourhood Watch: in June and July a number of new NHW schemes across the Chiltern district have been set up and existing schemes have been refreshed.
- Purse Dipping: a reminder to be vigilant – and look out for Community Safety and Neighbourhood Policing Teams in upcoming weeks, providing shoppers with purse bells and purse chains to help keep belongings safe and secure.
- Signal Blocking Pouches: Chiltern and South Bucks residents being offered FREE signal blocking pouches to deter thefts of keyless vehicles… while stocks last!
- Message in a Wallet: Chiltern and South Bucks residents being offered FREE wallets to contain essential information for emergency services in the event of illness or accident.
- Be Inspired Playday: Wednesday August 7th, King George V Field, Amersham.
- Summer Home Security Tips
Other Recent Posts
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...
Friday, September 13th, 2019
Chiltern District Council’s new Chiltern Crowdfunding scheme will provide local residents and organisations an opportunity to raise funds towards a local community project. CDC can pledge up to 50% of the project cost up to £5,000. Read More...