Community Safety Newsletter June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Plogging: litter picking whilst jogging..
- National Bike Week: including bike marking labels to Chiltern and South Bucks residents. .
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week 8th-16th June: looking to get more schemes up and running in Chiltern and South Bucks districts
- Safe Place Scheme: refreshed in Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter, Great Missenden, Stoke Poges and Richings Park, and now launched in Denham.
- Scam Awareness and Spring Crime Awareness events: including upcoming Friends Against Scams Awareness Event 11am-2pm, Tuesday 2nd July, Amersham Library.
- New Community Forum Priorities: please visit our May Priority Setting Decisions report.
- No Cold Calling Zones: joint initiative between Thames Valley Police, Trading Standards, and Chiltern and South Bucks District Council’s joint Community Safety Team, to prevent distraction burglaries and give vulnerable people the confidence to say NO to uninvited callers. Please see also our Nottingham Knockers and Rogue Traders news item.
- Rural Spotters Scheme: more information on our Rural Spotters Scheme Launched news post.
Other Recent Posts
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...
Friday, September 13th, 2019
Chiltern District Council’s new Chiltern Crowdfunding scheme will provide local residents and organisations an opportunity to raise funds towards a local community project. CDC can pledge up to 50% of the project cost up to £5,000. Read More...
Wednesday, September 4th, 2019
Chiltern & South Bucks Leisure and Communities team is offering grants of up to £150 to enable community groups and local Town and Parish Councils to organise a Silver Sunday event. A wonderful opportunity to celebrate older people in our community! Read More...
Monday, September 2nd, 2019
How will the new Buckinghamshire Council work with residents, key agencies, local councils, community groups and others, to ensure strong local connections and solutions? Here’s how you can have your say. Read More...
Friday, August 9th, 2019
Community Impact Bucks has launched a county-wide Handy Helpers Scheme, to help support vulnerable residents aged 65+. Volunteers can help vulnerable residents aged 65+ to live safely and securely in their own homes for longer. Read More...