Community Safety Newsletter June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Plogging: litter picking whilst jogging..
- National Bike Week: including bike marking labels to Chiltern and South Bucks residents. .
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week 8th-16th June: looking to get more schemes up and running in Chiltern and South Bucks districts
- Safe Place Scheme: refreshed in Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter, Great Missenden, Stoke Poges and Richings Park, and now launched in Denham.
- Scam Awareness and Spring Crime Awareness events: including upcoming Friends Against Scams Awareness Event 11am-2pm, Tuesday 2nd July, Amersham Library.
- New Community Forum Priorities: please visit our May Priority Setting Decisions report.
- No Cold Calling Zones: joint initiative between Thames Valley Police, Trading Standards, and Chiltern and South Bucks District Council’s joint Community Safety Team, to prevent distraction burglaries and give vulnerable people the confidence to say NO to uninvited callers. Please see also our Nottingham Knockers and Rogue Traders news item.
- Rural Spotters Scheme: more information on our Rural Spotters Scheme Launched news post.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, November 14th, 2019
We sympathise with the phenomenon of ‘survey fatigue’ and design quarterly Crime Priority Surveys to be RELEVANT and TO THE POINT, and SHORT. We also reassure respondents that their feedback will be processed promptly, and acted on. Read More...
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...