Community Safety Newsletter June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Plogging: litter picking whilst jogging..
- National Bike Week: including bike marking labels to Chiltern and South Bucks residents. .
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week 8th-16th June: looking to get more schemes up and running in Chiltern and South Bucks districts
- Safe Place Scheme: refreshed in Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter, Great Missenden, Stoke Poges and Richings Park, and now launched in Denham.
- Scam Awareness and Spring Crime Awareness events: including upcoming Friends Against Scams Awareness Event 11am-2pm, Tuesday 2nd July, Amersham Library.
- New Community Forum Priorities: please visit our May Priority Setting Decisions report.
- No Cold Calling Zones: joint initiative between Thames Valley Police, Trading Standards, and Chiltern and South Bucks District Council’s joint Community Safety Team, to prevent distraction burglaries and give vulnerable people the confidence to say NO to uninvited callers. Please see also our Nottingham Knockers and Rogue Traders news item.
- Rural Spotters Scheme: more information on our Rural Spotters Scheme Launched news post.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Sadly the Coronavirus epidemic is being treated as an opportunity by criminals. In addition to the elderly and vulnerable, these scams look to exploit fear of the virus, of stretched personal finances, and the promise of various Government emergency schemes. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
The 15p charge for 101 phone calls is being scrapped, and the service becomes FREE from April 1st. We report also a recent personal experience of use of the 101 online reporting service. Read More...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
A video update from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable, and a Neighbourhood Alert update from TVP’s Communications Officer, circulated 24th March. Includes some useful links. Read More...
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
Community Safety activities and notices including new Safer Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership, Catalytic Converter Theft, Neighbourhood Watch, Sexual Assault & Abuse Support Service, Money Sense workshop, Operation Gauntlet Read More...
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
The Street Association delivers free awareness raising workshops to help residents identify and react to some important issues. It is inviting local organisations and groups to submit requests for training sessions from a remarkably diverse list. Read More...
Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
The Forum is delighted to support CAB Chiltern in its efforts to raise funds to maintain its Advice at Home service. Read More...