Community Safety Newsletter May 2019
Saturday, June 1st, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Beaconsfield Day of Action: visits to Waitrose, Natwest and Nationwide providing scam and crime prevention advice.
- Safe Place Scheme: visits to existing and potential participants in Great Missenden and Beaconsfield.
- Seizure of Counterfeit Goods several illegal items found among businesses in Chesham including counterfeit spirits and cigarettes. Great partnership working, with a special thanks to Scamp and Yoyo for finding hidden items!
- Operation Gauntlet events: at Chesham, Great Missenden and Chalfont St Peter
- Dementia Action Week between 20th-26th May. This year’s aim was to encourage everyone to take action by starting a conversation with someone living with dementia.
- How do Burglars see your home?: advice, including a powerful video.
- Defibrillator Registration: if yours isn’t registered, it may be useless in an emergency.
- Citizens Advice Chiltern Volunteers Session: Tuesday 18th June Chesham Town Hall 10am-11.30am.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 9th, 2019
Community Impact Bucks has launched a county-wide Handy Helpers Scheme, to help support vulnerable residents aged 65+. Volunteers can help vulnerable residents aged 65+ to live safely and securely in their own homes for longer. Read More...
Tuesday, August 6th, 2019
Sgt Darren Walsh, of the Neighbourhood Policing Team, based in Amersham, reports on a suspected distraction burglary. Useful reminders and information about the need to be careful of cold callers, who may turn out to be rogue traders. Read More...
Monday, August 5th, 2019
Community Safety activities and notices: Community Cards/ Street Association/ Neighbourhood Watch/ Safe Place Scheme/ Scam Awareness/ Purse Dipping/ Signal Blocking Pouches/ Message in a Wallet/ Be Inspired Playday/ Summer Home Security Read More...
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
Sadly, the annual TVP force Open Day planned for Saturday 10 August had to be cancelled due to the prospect of inclement weather involving potentially dangerously strong winds. Read More...
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
Community Safety activities and notices: Plogging/ National Bike Week/ Neighbourhood Watch Week/ Safe Place Scheme/ Scam and Crime Awareness/ No Cold Calling Areas/ Rural Spotters Scheme Read More...
Monday, June 17th, 2019
The latest quarterly Neighbourhood Policing newsletter for Amersham, the Chalfonts and the Missendens. This reports on actions taken in pursuit of the priorities set down by Chiltern residents through Chiltern Community Forum. Read More...