Community Safety Newsletter May 2019
Saturday, June 1st, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Beaconsfield Day of Action: visits to Waitrose, Natwest and Nationwide providing scam and crime prevention advice.
- Safe Place Scheme: visits to existing and potential participants in Great Missenden and Beaconsfield.
- Seizure of Counterfeit Goods several illegal items found among businesses in Chesham including counterfeit spirits and cigarettes. Great partnership working, with a special thanks to Scamp and Yoyo for finding hidden items!
- Operation Gauntlet events: at Chesham, Great Missenden and Chalfont St Peter
- Dementia Action Week between 20th-26th May. This year’s aim was to encourage everyone to take action by starting a conversation with someone living with dementia.
- How do Burglars see your home?: advice, including a powerful video.
- Defibrillator Registration: if yours isn’t registered, it may be useless in an emergency.
- Citizens Advice Chiltern Volunteers Session: Tuesday 18th June Chesham Town Hall 10am-11.30am.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...
Friday, September 13th, 2019
Chiltern District Council’s new Chiltern Crowdfunding scheme will provide local residents and organisations an opportunity to raise funds towards a local community project. CDC can pledge up to 50% of the project cost up to £5,000. Read More...