Community Safety Newsletter May 2019
Saturday, June 1st, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Beaconsfield Day of Action: visits to Waitrose, Natwest and Nationwide providing scam and crime prevention advice.
- Safe Place Scheme: visits to existing and potential participants in Great Missenden and Beaconsfield.
- Seizure of Counterfeit Goods several illegal items found among businesses in Chesham including counterfeit spirits and cigarettes. Great partnership working, with a special thanks to Scamp and Yoyo for finding hidden items!
- Operation Gauntlet events: at Chesham, Great Missenden and Chalfont St Peter
- Dementia Action Week between 20th-26th May. This year’s aim was to encourage everyone to take action by starting a conversation with someone living with dementia.
- How do Burglars see your home?: advice, including a powerful video.
- Defibrillator Registration: if yours isn’t registered, it may be useless in an emergency.
- Citizens Advice Chiltern Volunteers Session: Tuesday 18th June Chesham Town Hall 10am-11.30am.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Sadly the Coronavirus epidemic is being treated as an opportunity by criminals. In addition to the elderly and vulnerable, these scams look to exploit fear of the virus, of stretched personal finances, and the promise of various Government emergency schemes. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
The 15p charge for 101 phone calls is being scrapped, and the service becomes FREE from April 1st. We report also a recent personal experience of use of the 101 online reporting service. Read More...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
A video update from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable, and a Neighbourhood Alert update from TVP’s Communications Officer, circulated 24th March. Includes some useful links. Read More...
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
Community Safety activities and notices including new Safer Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership, Catalytic Converter Theft, Neighbourhood Watch, Sexual Assault & Abuse Support Service, Money Sense workshop, Operation Gauntlet Read More...
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
The Street Association delivers free awareness raising workshops to help residents identify and react to some important issues. It is inviting local organisations and groups to submit requests for training sessions from a remarkably diverse list. Read More...
Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
The Forum is delighted to support CAB Chiltern in its efforts to raise funds to maintain its Advice at Home service. Read More...