Community Safety Newsletter May 2019
Saturday, June 1st, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Beaconsfield Day of Action: visits to Waitrose, Natwest and Nationwide providing scam and crime prevention advice.
- Safe Place Scheme: visits to existing and potential participants in Great Missenden and Beaconsfield.
- Seizure of Counterfeit Goods several illegal items found among businesses in Chesham including counterfeit spirits and cigarettes. Great partnership working, with a special thanks to Scamp and Yoyo for finding hidden items!
- Operation Gauntlet events: at Chesham, Great Missenden and Chalfont St Peter
- Dementia Action Week between 20th-26th May. This year’s aim was to encourage everyone to take action by starting a conversation with someone living with dementia.
- How do Burglars see your home?: advice, including a powerful video.
- Defibrillator Registration: if yours isn’t registered, it may be useless in an emergency.
- Citizens Advice Chiltern Volunteers Session: Tuesday 18th June Chesham Town Hall 10am-11.30am.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
Staying Safe from romance fraud – excellent new e-book launched by TVP Economic Crime Unit in collaboration with Dr Elisabeth Carter, University of Roehampton. Read More...
Monday, November 16th, 2020
A new Live Chat facility has been added to the Victims First website, providing an additional and valuable route to support. Read More...
Sunday, November 15th, 2020
Buckinghamshire Community Safety activities and notices including advice on Domestic Abuse, calling the Police silently, World Mental Health Awareness Week, Anti-Slavery Day, Friends Against Scams,, TVP visual impairment protocol. Read More...
Thursday, October 29th, 2020
View or download The Safer Buckinghamshire Plan, which sets sets the framework for the Community Safety Partnership for the next three years. Read More...
Tuesday, October 27th, 2020
Update on a welcome proactive policing approach to target Burglary Crime Reduction, reminder to exercised caution with Nottingham Knockers, and advice to keep properties safe during the longer nights. Read More...
Sunday, October 25th, 2020
Buckinghamshire Community Safety activities and notices including Hotel Watch, advice on Home and Vehicle Security, enjoying Hallowe’en and Bonfire Night safely, ‘Stop Loan Sharks’ app, ‘Prevent’ community roundtable Read More...