Community Safety Newsletter November 2018
Friday, November 16th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Ask for Angela: a timely reminder before the Christmas party season of this initiative which seeks to help those concerned about sexual harrassment, violence and abuse in bars and pubs.
- Security tips: bright ideas to keep your home safe in the dark evenings.
- Chiltern Community Forum: a reminder of the upcoming meeting on November 21st.
- Thames Valley Cyber Crime Forum: link to the transcript of the recent cyber crime forum.
- White Ribbon Day: working predominantly with men, to ask them to stand up and take responsibility in ending violence against women.
- Street Associations: initiative looking to residents to be the eyes and ears in their community, to be aware of the most vulnerable around them and bring a sense of security to the street.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...
Friday, September 13th, 2019
Chiltern District Council’s new Chiltern Crowdfunding scheme will provide local residents and organisations an opportunity to raise funds towards a local community project. CDC can pledge up to 50% of the project cost up to £5,000. Read More...