Community Safety Newsletter November 2018
Friday, November 16th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Ask for Angela: a timely reminder before the Christmas party season of this initiative which seeks to help those concerned about sexual harrassment, violence and abuse in bars and pubs.
- Security tips: bright ideas to keep your home safe in the dark evenings.
- Chiltern Community Forum: a reminder of the upcoming meeting on November 21st.
- Thames Valley Cyber Crime Forum: link to the transcript of the recent cyber crime forum.
- White Ribbon Day: working predominantly with men, to ask them to stand up and take responsibility in ending violence against women.
- Street Associations: initiative looking to residents to be the eyes and ears in their community, to be aware of the most vulnerable around them and bring a sense of security to the street.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, May 13th, 2019
Neighbourhood Watch is adapting to meet challenges of changing society, crime types, communications and technology. Changes are afoot in Chiltern, too. Here’s how you can get involved. Read More...
Tuesday, April 30th, 2019
Managing our passwords securely – using strong passwords and NOT reusing them – is a good first step in making ourselves less vulnerable online. And don’t include your favourite Premier League team or superhero! Read More...
Monday, April 29th, 2019
Measures we take to improve our home security can help deter burglars. Some tips from Thames Valley Neighbourhood Alert on what to look for when installing a burglar alarm. Read More...
Thursday, April 11th, 2019
Doorstep sellers, rogue traders and ‘Nottingham Knockers’ can be a nuisance but worse, can be very intimidating. Practical advice for dealing with unwanted callers. Read More...
Monday, April 8th, 2019
Residential Burglary is routinely the #1 concern in Chiltern Community Forum surveys. TVP’s new Home Security Guide has advice and tips on making your home more secure and reducing your risk of falling victim. Read More...
Monday, April 1st, 2019
From 1 April 2019, non-household waste will be charged at Bucks CC recycling centres. Some answers to “What is non-household waste?” “How much will I be charged? ” “Won’t it add to flytipping?” Read More...