Thames Valley Police Force Open Day 10 August 2019
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
Sadly, this event has had to be cancelled due to the prospect of inclement weather including dangerously strong winds.
The annual Thames Valley Police (TVP) Open Day will be held on Saturday 10 August at its training centre in Sulhamstead, between 10am and 4pm.
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are among over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from the dogs section, with local search and rescue dogs and the public order team, which has a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it’s like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition – dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in a scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round the stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities: PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
- Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
- Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
- Entrance to the site is free.
- Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
- Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets.
- Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, October 7th, 2019
Rosie Duffield MP’s speech on her own experience of Coercive Control in the House of Commons Domestic Abuse Bill debate – video and transcript. A powerful and emotional account. Read More...
Monday, September 30th, 2019
At the Forum meeting on 10th September, Residential Burglary, Drug Dealing and Misuse and Speeding were set as Neighbourhood Policing priorities for the coming quarter. Read More...
Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) reports that “UK consumers are being increasingly targeted by cryptoasset-related investment scams.” We look at the ways that fraudsters lure victims, and offer some thoughts on protecting oneself. Read More...
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
Chiltern Community Forum is especially happy to support the activities of The Street Association, which seeks to encourage a strong sense of community among residents, making communities stronger, friendlier and more supportive. Read More...
Monday, September 16th, 2019
Thames Valley Police will be taking part in a variety of activities designed to challenge and reduce the threat of knife crime during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, from Monday 16th to Sunday 22nd September. Read More...
Friday, September 13th, 2019
Chiltern District Council’s new Chiltern Crowdfunding scheme will provide local residents and organisations an opportunity to raise funds towards a local community project. CDC can pledge up to 50% of the project cost up to £5,000. Read More...