Thames Valley Police Force Open Day 10 August 2019
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
Sadly, this event has had to be cancelled due to the prospect of inclement weather including dangerously strong winds.
The annual Thames Valley Police (TVP) Open Day will be held on Saturday 10 August at its training centre in Sulhamstead, between 10am and 4pm.
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are among over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from the dogs section, with local search and rescue dogs and the public order team, which has a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it’s like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition – dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in a scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round the stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities: PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
- Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
- Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
- Entrance to the site is free.
- Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
- Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets.
- Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
Other Recent Posts
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Sadly the Coronavirus epidemic is being treated as an opportunity by criminals. In addition to the elderly and vulnerable, these scams look to exploit fear of the virus, of stretched personal finances, and the promise of various Government emergency schemes. Read More...
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
The 15p charge for 101 phone calls is being scrapped, and the service becomes FREE from April 1st. We report also a recent personal experience of use of the 101 online reporting service. Read More...
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
A video update from Thames Valley Police’s Chief Constable, and a Neighbourhood Alert update from TVP’s Communications Officer, circulated 24th March. Includes some useful links. Read More...
Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
Community Safety activities and notices including new Safer Buckinghamshire Community Safety Partnership, Catalytic Converter Theft, Neighbourhood Watch, Sexual Assault & Abuse Support Service, Money Sense workshop, Operation Gauntlet Read More...
Tuesday, March 3rd, 2020
The Street Association delivers free awareness raising workshops to help residents identify and react to some important issues. It is inviting local organisations and groups to submit requests for training sessions from a remarkably diverse list. Read More...
Wednesday, February 26th, 2020
The Forum is delighted to support CAB Chiltern in its efforts to raise funds to maintain its Advice at Home service. Read More...