Thames Valley Police Force Open Day 10 August 2019
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
Sadly, this event has had to be cancelled due to the prospect of inclement weather including dangerously strong winds.
The annual Thames Valley Police (TVP) Open Day will be held on Saturday 10 August at its training centre in Sulhamstead, between 10am and 4pm.
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are among over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from the dogs section, with local search and rescue dogs and the public order team, which has a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it’s like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition – dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in a scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round the stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities: PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
- Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
- Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
- Entrance to the site is free.
- Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
- Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets.
- Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Tuesday, November 17th, 2020
Staying Safe from romance fraud – excellent new e-book launched by TVP Economic Crime Unit in collaboration with Dr Elisabeth Carter, University of Roehampton. Read More...
Monday, November 16th, 2020
A new Live Chat facility has been added to the Victims First website, providing an additional and valuable route to support. Read More...
Sunday, November 15th, 2020
Buckinghamshire Community Safety activities and notices including advice on Domestic Abuse, calling the Police silently, World Mental Health Awareness Week, Anti-Slavery Day, Friends Against Scams,, TVP visual impairment protocol. Read More...
Thursday, October 29th, 2020
View or download The Safer Buckinghamshire Plan, which sets sets the framework for the Community Safety Partnership for the next three years. Read More...
Tuesday, October 27th, 2020
Update on a welcome proactive policing approach to target Burglary Crime Reduction, reminder to exercised caution with Nottingham Knockers, and advice to keep properties safe during the longer nights. Read More...
Sunday, October 25th, 2020
Buckinghamshire Community Safety activities and notices including Hotel Watch, advice on Home and Vehicle Security, enjoying Hallowe’en and Bonfire Night safely, ‘Stop Loan Sharks’ app, ‘Prevent’ community roundtable Read More...