Thames Valley Police Force Open Day 10 August 2019
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
Sadly, this event has had to be cancelled due to the prospect of inclement weather including dangerously strong winds.
The annual Thames Valley Police (TVP) Open Day will be held on Saturday 10 August at its training centre in Sulhamstead, between 10am and 4pm.
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are among over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from the dogs section, with local search and rescue dogs and the public order team, which has a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it’s like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition – dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in a scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round the stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities: PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
- Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
- Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
- Entrance to the site is free.
- Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
- Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets.
- Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 9th, 2019
Community Impact Bucks has launched a county-wide Handy Helpers Scheme, to help support vulnerable residents aged 65+. Volunteers can help vulnerable residents aged 65+ to live safely and securely in their own homes for longer. Read More...
Tuesday, August 6th, 2019
Sgt Darren Walsh, of the Neighbourhood Policing Team, based in Amersham, reports on a suspected distraction burglary. Useful reminders and information about the need to be careful of cold callers, who may turn out to be rogue traders. Read More...
Monday, August 5th, 2019
Community Safety activities and notices: Community Cards/ Street Association/ Neighbourhood Watch/ Safe Place Scheme/ Scam Awareness/ Purse Dipping/ Signal Blocking Pouches/ Message in a Wallet/ Be Inspired Playday/ Summer Home Security Read More...
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
Community Safety activities and notices: Plogging/ National Bike Week/ Neighbourhood Watch Week/ Safe Place Scheme/ Scam and Crime Awareness/ No Cold Calling Areas/ Rural Spotters Scheme Read More...
Monday, June 17th, 2019
The latest quarterly Neighbourhood Policing newsletter for Amersham, the Chalfonts and the Missendens. This reports on actions taken in pursuit of the priorities set down by Chiltern residents through Chiltern Community Forum. Read More...
Tuesday, June 4th, 2019
Seeking to make the countryside a safer place for all, a new team of volunteers on horseback will engage with the rural community in Chiltern and South Bucks, and assist in rural and equine crime prevention. Read More...