Thames Valley Police Force Open Day 10 August 2019
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
Sadly, this event has had to be cancelled due to the prospect of inclement weather including dangerously strong winds.
The annual Thames Valley Police (TVP) Open Day will be held on Saturday 10 August at its training centre in Sulhamstead, between 10am and 4pm.
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are among over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from the dogs section, with local search and rescue dogs and the public order team, which has a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it’s like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition – dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in a scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round the stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities: PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
- Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
- Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
- Entrance to the site is free.
- Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
- Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets.
- Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Friday, September 18th, 2020
Buckinghamshire Community Safety activities and notices including Anti-Social Behaviour. Coronavirus information, Catalytic Converter Theft, Rural Crime, Keyless Vehicle Theft, Friends Against Scams Read More...
Monday, September 14th, 2020
Explanation from Thames Valley Police on its approach to policing the ‘Rule of 6’. Includes an appeal for all residents to take personal responsibility. Read More...
Thursday, September 3rd, 2020
Your local Community Board has set its initial priorities, and each will be meeting this month. How can residents get involved, and help improve their local area? Read More...
Friday, August 14th, 2020
By e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org you can help take down fraudulent investment scam URLs. 300,000 such sites have been taken down over the past 4 months. Read More...
Tuesday, August 11th, 2020
A short explanatory video on the role of the Police and Crime Commissioner. All residents will have the chance to elect the next PCC in May 2021. Read More...